CRESLI Seal walk at Cupsogue Beach
Sunday, November 22, 2020 6:00 AM
PO Box 54
West Sayville, US 11796
Date / Time
Sunday, November 22, 2020
6:00 AM to 7:30 AM
CRESLI seal walks will take place between November and May. Please note that weather will play a significant role in determining the seal walk schedule. Please call CRESLI at (631) 319-6003 for schedule changes and cancellations. The walks are approximately 1.2 miles round trip and take about 1 to 2 hours. These walks are suitable for children, but soft sand makes it unsuitable for strollers.
Please be prepared for the weather, i.e., wear warm clothing in layers. Hats, gloves, warm shoes, are also recommended, as are cameras and binoculars. Check the weather for Westhampton Beach and assume that the winds will produce wind chill. It’s better to be a more-on, than a less-on, i.e., having more layers than you need is the right thing.
- Please be advised that our New York State Department of Health (DOH) Covid-19 Safety Plan was submitted and approved by Suffolk County Parks and will be in place for all seal walks.
- Appropriate facial coverings must be warn properly at all times during our walks. Individuals are required to wear facial coverings even when 6' apart.
- Each walk will be capped at a maximum of 40 participants.
- All equipment will be sanitized before and after each walk.
- Spotting scopes will be replaced with high resolution digital cameras with viewing screens, which the public will be allowed to view, bur not be allowed to touch.
- It is strongly suggested that your bring your own binoculars. Feel free to also bring your own telescopes.
For current sightings and more info, click here
Who Should AttendOpen to all, reservations required